5 characteristics of a successful object-oriented software project are,
- A ruthless focus on the development of a system that provides a well understood collection of essential minimal characteristics.
- The existence of a culture that is centered on results, encourages communication, and yet is not afraid to fail.
- The effective use of object oriented modeling
- The existence of a strong architectural vision.
- The application of a well-managed iterative and incremental development life cycle.