Thursday, October 13, 2011

Junko Furuta - The girl who went through 44 days of torture

During visiting websites, I read following story which was shocking. I posting it in my blog so that people can learn from it.

This is one of the most notorious and worst cases of torture murder ever recorded in history. It is also one of the most horrifying and heartbreaking.

“A sixteen year-old high-school girl was abducted by four teen-aged hooligans while she was on her way to work. They took her to the house of a friend, held her in his bedroom, and for the next forty-five days enacted every imaginable form of abuse on her (and some you wouldn’t want to imagine). They gang-raped her—both with their own bodies and with an assortment of foreign objects—beat her, kicked her, doused her extremities with lighter fluid and set her on fire, and probably did many other things to her that went undocumented by either her tormentors or the police. They mocked her pain. They held her down and dropped barbells on her stomach. This last bit of torture was more than she could withstand, and after going into convulsions she apparently either strangled on her own vomit or simply died from her beatings. When the boys were questioned later about why they didn’t do anything during her seizure, they replied, “We assumed she was faking it.”

“She tried to escape, more than once. The first time, she was caught in the process of making a phone call. The second time, she ran into the parents of the boy who lived there; apparently they had known all along what was gong on. She begged them to help her, but they refused; his friend had criminal connections, and they didn’t want to get into trouble, too. After her death, they taped her arms and legs together, threw her into a 55-gallon drum, filled it with cement, and dumped it in an empty lot. The body wasn’t recovered until almost a year later. The ringleader of the whole incident served eight years in prison and is now a free man.”
These horrifying things done to Junko Furuta had been collected through the Japanese court trial of the case, and blogs from 1989. They show the pain that Junko Furuta had to endure before she was finally dead. All this had happened to her while she was still alive. They are disturbing, but the truth.

All of this had happened.

DAY 1: November 22, 1988
  • Kidnapped
  • Kept captive in house, and posed as one of boy’s girlfriend
  • Raped (over 400 times in total)
  • Forced to call her parents and tell them she had run away
  • Starved and malnutritioned
  • Fed cockroaches to eat and urine to drink
  • Forced to masturbate
  • Forced to strip in front of others
  • Burned with cigarette lighters
  • Foreign objects inserted into her vagina/anus
DAY 11: December 1, 1988
  • Severely beat up countless times
  • Face held against concrete ground and jumped on
  • Hands tied to ceiling and body used as a punching bag
  • Nose filled with so much blood that she can only breath through her mouth
  • Dumbbells dropped onto her stomach
  • Vomited when tried to drink water (her stomach couldn’t accept it)
  • Tried to escape and punished by cigarette burning on arms
  • Flammable liquid poured on her feet and legs, then lit on fire
  • Bottle inserted into her anus, causing injury
DAY 20: December 10, 1989
  • Unable to walk properly due to severe leg burns
  • Beat with bamboo sticks
  • Fireworks inserted into anus and lit
  • Hands smashed by weights and fingernails cracked
  • Beaten with golf club
  • Cigarettes inserted into vagina
  • Beaten with iron rods repeatedly
  • Winter; forced outside to sleep in balcony
  • Skewers of grilled chicken inserted into her vagina and anus, causing bleeding
DAY 30:
  • Hot wax dripped onto face
  • Eyelids burned by cigarette lighter
  • Stabbed with sewing needles in chest area
  • Left nipple cut and destroyed with pliers
  • Hot light bulb inserted into her vagina
  • Heavy bleeding from vagina due to scissors insertion
  • Unable to urinate properly
  • Injuries were so severe that it took over an hour for her to crawl downstairs and use the bathroom
  • Eardrums severely damaged
  • Extreme reduced brain size
DAY 40: January 1, 1989
  • Begged her torturers to “kill her and get it over with”
  • January 1, 1989: Junko greets the New Years Day alone
  • Body mutilated
  • Unable to move from the ground
DAY 44: January 4, 1989
  • The four boys beat her mutilated body with an iron barbell, using a loss at the game of Mah-jongg as a pretext. She is profusely bleeding from her mouth and nose. They put a candle’s flame to her face and eyes.
  • Then, lighter fluid was poured onto her legs, arms, face and stomach, and then lit on fire. This final torture lasted for a time of two hours.
Junko Furuta died later that day, in pain and alone. Nothing could compare 44 days of suffering she had to go through.

When her mother heard the news and details of what had happened to her daughter, she fainted. She had to undergo a psychiatric outpatient treatment . Imagine her endless pain.

Her killers are now free men. Justice was never served, not even after 20 years.
They deserve a punishment much greater than they had put upon Furuta, for putting an innocent girl through the most unbearable suffering.

The boys only served about eight years in prison for the crime, pleading down to 'committing bodily injury that resulted in death' instead of murder. One of them was arrested again in July, 2004 after assaulting a friend he believed was luring a girlfriend away from him and even BRAGGING about his infamy resulting from his case.

At least one of them was apparently a low-level Yakuza member during this time, claiming he could have people killed for interfering.
This story from 1989 is true. Please spread her story around. Everyone should know about the existence of Junko Furuta’s unimaginable and incomprehensible suffering. Never let her story be forgotten. If this story changes the life of at least one person then it has been worth it.

Rest In Eternal Peace, Junko Furuta, 1989-Eternity.

Related Post:

[Source: Internet]