The following verse from the book of Deuteronomy contains an exhortation from Moses (pbuh): "Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adna Ikhad". It is a Hebrew quotation which means: "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord" ~ [The Bible, Deuteronomy 6:4]
- "I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour." ~ [The Bible, Isaiah 43:11]
- "I am Lord, and there is none else There is no God besides me." ~ [The Bible, Isaiah 45 : 5]
- "I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me." ~ [The Bible, Isaiah 46:9]
- Judaism condemns idol worship in the following verses: "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth." "Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God." ~ [The Bible, Exodus 20:3-5]
- A similar message is repeated in the book of Deuteronomy: "Thou shalt have none other gods before me." "Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that in the earth beneath, or that is in the water beneath the earth." "Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God." ~[The Bible, Deuteronomy 5:7-9]
MUHAMMAD IN JEWISH SCRIPTURES (THE OLD TESTAMENT):
- Muhammad (pbuh) prophesised in the book of Deuteronomy: God Almighty speaks to Moses in Book of Deuteronomy chapter 18 verse 18: "I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."
- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is like Moses (pbuh): Both had a father and a mother. Both were married and had children. Both were accepted as Prophets by their people in their lifetime. Both besides being Prophets were also kings i.e. they could inflict capital punishment.Both brought new laws and new regulations for their people. Both died a natural death.
- Muhammad (pbuh) is from among the brethren of Moses (pbuh). Arabs are brethren of Jews. Abraham (pbuh) had two sons: Ishmail and Isaac. The Arabs are the descendants of Ishmail (pbuh) and the Jews are the descendants of Isaac (pbuh).
- Words in the mouth: Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was unlettered and whatever revelations he received from God Almighty he repeated it verbatim.
Muhammad (pbuh) is prophesised in the book of Isaiah: It is mentioned in the book of Isaiah chapter 29 verse 12: "And the book is delivered to him that is not learned saying, ‘Read this, I pray thee’; and he saith, ‘I am not learned’. "When Archangel Gabriel commanded Muhammad (pbuh) by saying ‘Iqra’, he replied "I am not learned".